Monday, January 28, 2013

Stuck in a Recipe Rut

Heyo, SH here!

Over our Florida ladies weekend together (insert ice cream and strawberry daiquiris here) we were chatting about how we both get stuck cooking the same 10 meals over and over again. They're healthy meals and that means we're eating healthy, but it gets hella boring and that leads us to stray.

Cooking a healthy meal every night can be an exhausting task, which is why it is super easy to get stuck in a recipe rut. My husband and I want to make cooking a fun hobby that we can look forward to and get excited about trying new foods. I will be posting new recipes we try so we're held responsible for trying at least 1-2 new meals a week and hopefully we can inspire you to do the same!

Trying out new ice cream flavors counts as a new recipe, right!?

Some new recipes we have tried this past week:

Chicken Chickpea Stew - this recipe is from http://theshiksa.com/ and is the first new recipe that my husband and I tried last week. We cooked it on a Sunday since it takes more time to cook. It was DELICIOUS. Like out of this world good. I'm not a big food person but this did it for me. We served it over rice (could be great with quinoa too) and I definitely recommend giving this one a try! The leftovers for lunch were even better!

All set to cook with the recipe pulled up on the iPad (and a glass of wine)

Holy crap - $14 serves 4 people! Doesn't get better than that in NYC :)

Our apartment set up (AKA never complain about your kitchen again)


The finish product!

Vegetarian Curried Brown Rice and Broccoli Casserole with Creamy Curry Sauce - this recipe is from http://www.kalynskitchen.com/... and we hated it. There is just something wrong with mixing mayo and curry and sour cream. Valiant effort, but recipe fail. If anyone is tempted to try (especially after this killer review), let me know if it works out better for you!

Chicken Marsala - this recipe is from http://www.closetcooking.com/ and it was insanely amazing. I love chicken and this sauce and how D (my husband) cooked it made the chicken so moist and full and amazeballs. D is obsessed with them, but I didn't love the mushrooms (picky eater here) but we served it with mashed potatoes and it totally hit the spot after work. This didn't take too long to make so it will definitely be on our list for after dinner meals coming up!

Connect with us on Facebook to share some of your favorite recipes - I would love to try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment